October 14, 2015
Most Popular Freeze Alarms for Homes and Cottages
Many property owners being looking around for a way to be alerted to falling temperatures in their homes due to furnace failures or power outages this time of year. A freeze alarm or temperature alarm device is what is required to do this.
What is a freeze alarm?
A freeze alarm is a device that monitors the temperature in real time and alerts the user(s) if the temperature drops below a threshold, allowing the home owner to rectify the problem and save the property from freezing, pipes bursting etc.
What do I need to know when choosing my freeze alarm?
- What type of communication platform you’re going to have at your location. I.e. Landline, cellular coverage, Internet etc.
- How you want to be alerted. I.e. Phone call, text message, email. (This will in large part already be determined by the communication platform you have available.)
- Other conditions you may wish to monitor for now, or in the future. Examples are water leaks, intrusion, humidity etc.
So what are my options?
- FAI-CCA– This is the most popular freeze alarm device we carry. It does require a phone line connection, however if you don’t have or want a landline you can use a cellular gateway or Bluetooth terminal instead.
- Calls with a voice message that announces the temperature and that there is an alarm.
- Calls up too three (3) phone numbers.
- Monitors for high OR low temperature alarm and power outages.
- Temperature alarm point is adjustable.
- Allows user to call in and get a real time temperature reading, any time.
- FGD-0400– The Sensaphone 400 is a very popular complete alarm dialer system. It also requires a phone line connection, but again if you don’t have or want a landline you can use a cellular gateway or Bluetooth terminal instead.
- Out of the box monitors for high and low temperature alarms, power outages and high noise alarms.
- Has 3 additional alarm inputs for adding sensors.
- Calls up to four (4) phone numbers when an alarm is detected.
- Remote status updates and programming via telephone.
- Freeze Alarm HS-500SL– This is brand new for 2015. It is a flexible cellular freeze alarm device that is capable of monitoring wireless water and temperature sensors. All programming, monitoring etc. is done through the internet via a free cloud account.
- Data logs temperature readings automatically and uploads them to the free cloud account.
- Flexible cellular plan options.
- Monitors for temperature and power outages.
- TEMPSPOT– This is a WiFi temperature alarm. Perfect for us a simple, but effective remote temperature monitoring device.
- Free to own and operate.
- Monitors for user selectable high AND low temperature thresholds.
- Data logs the temperature for real time viewing in the free cloud account.
- Will email and text message when an alarm occurs.
Shop all Freeze Alarm systems in the US – http://www.absoluteautomation.com/power-alarms/temperature-alarms.html
Shop all Freeze Alarm systems in Canada – http://www.absoluteautomation.ca/freeze-alarm-s/1477.htm