We all eagerly await the first signs of summer, but with the warmer weather homeowners should take note of the increased incidents of residential break-ins! Homeowners need to be on alert this summer and take the necessary steps to safeguard their homes from summer burglaries.
Burglary frequencies peak in the summer months. The number of break-ins also increases towards the end of the week when during the summer months many homeowners are away and these unoccupied residences become attractive targets for burglars. Homeowners need to be vigilant in safeguarding their property to avoid damage and losing high value or priceless sentimental items!
There are many home security features that can be put into place to reduce the risk of being burglarized – many of which are very cost effective and simple enough to install yourself!
- Use wireless door and window alarm sensors
- Keep your home well-lit at night with motion detectors and lights
- Use a driveway sensor to activate lights, sirens, etc
- Power monitors are extremely useful if your home ever loses power – whether the power loss is a result of a storm or someone tampering with your power supply, these monitors can call a mobile phone and alert you to any alarm conditions no matter where you are
- The use of surveillance cameras can not only provide peace of mind – but video evidence if ever needed!
- Using an intercom system is an excellent method of keeping track of who comes to your door – even when you’re not there
Homeowners have a myriad of options using these simple solutions to deter and prevent intruders from entering or remaining on their property. So, this summer when you leave your home for a little fun in the sun – make sure you leave knowing your home is protected even without you there.